Important multinational company active in the field of RENEWABLE ENERGY is currently looking for an Intraday Power Trader to focus on the DUTCH market to join the power trading team based in Madrid.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Analyse fundamental market conditions and devise and implement profitable trading strategies, owning and managing exposures.
- Execute power trades within mandated authorities.
- Manage trading exposure with attention to detail.
- Understand and communicate risks being taken.
- Share information/intelligence across the trading network, selflessly and efficiently. Be able to produce management information.
- Understand flexibility of assets and boundary conditions in which assets can be managed, interaction with assets owners in order to understand optimise assets.
- Take interconnection position across continental Europe that can be taken into intraday or imbalance markets.
- Understand and anticipate price movements from DA, intraday and imbalance in order to maximise value generated.
- Help understand new regulations in the system and identify, when possible, opportunities or risks.
- Work with IT and the relevant business manager to build a first-class Intraday Trading Platform across all markets, fit for purpose for trading activities and to handle customer position.
- Interact with customers, both internally and externally.
The main requirements to be considered for the position will be:
- Intraday power trading experience, with focus on the Northern markets (especially Netherlands).
- Experience in Intraday Cross Border Trading.
- Good understanding of market rules and how to access Market operator and system operator platform.
- Experience in on boarding assets and extracting value from day ahead to real time markets by managing positions.
- Experience/Understanding of Asset Backed Intraday trading and Market Analysis/Fundamentals.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Proficiency English and Dutch is a must. Spanish is not necessary.
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply through the following link or sending me an email to DanieleAngelini@michaelpage.es :